Soldiers have officially won, by just over 33 thousand kills (out of 12.7 MILLION total). Their reward? Gunboats, a pair of boots that change everything by ‘dramatically reducing damage from rocket jumps’
Other tasty bits from the changelog:
- Added item crafting
- Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)
- Added headshot death animations
- Spy now pretends to be carrying the weapons & wearables of the target he’s disguised as
- Moved the Spy’s camera-beard to the Misc loadout slot so he can equip it with a hat
- The Sandman now only stuns on a max range hit (when you hear the cheering)
- All shorter Sandman hits now force the enemy into the thirdperson fleeing state (also removed the damage reduction on them)
- Added new options to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog:
- Combat text, which displays damage amounts you do to enemies.
- Medic auto caller, which automatically shows you nearby friends at low health.
- Heal target marker, which better highlights the target your medigun is locked onto.
- Alternative Spy disguise menu, which lets you choose disguises using just the 1-3 keys.
- Fixed being able to affect friendly pipes with airblast (they would unstick)
- Added recharge sound to abilities with a recharge bar
- Fixed attachable wearables not staying on ragdolls
- Players no longer see the wearables that are a part of a friendly spy’s disguise, fixing various graphical glitches
- Added jiggle bones for Pyro’s chicken hat
- Added 2 new game startup songs